"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ODBDSLC120....A Sketch!!

Hello friends!!  It's Tuesday and that means time for another Shining the Light challenge.... YAY!! The challenge this week is a really fun sketch!! 


Have you ever made a card and when you got it all finished had no idea where some of your supplies came from?  Well that happened to me when I made this card.   I was so busy trying to get it done that I didn't keep track of what papers I used!   I think they came from the My Mind's Eye Dolled Up 6x6 pad, but I'm not completely sure.  Anywhoo... I used the ODBD set You Will Find Refuge along with the matching Chickadee die.  I stamped the little bird image, colored it with Copics and then die cut it with the Chickadee die.  Other dies used on the card are Spellbinders dies and my favorite dies from My Favorite Things:  Fishtail Flag Stax.   Those dies are the absolute coolest things ever!!    For some added interest I die cut the plain circle from a sheet of cork.  After I got the card together I realized there wasn't a good spot for a sentiment or verse so I finished the interior of the card with one of the verses from the set.  




As always, we will be giving out a prize, a $15.00 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, August 26th at 8:00 pm EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Design images and sentiments on your projects, we would definitely love to see them if you have them!! As a way of recognizing those who do use ODBD stamps we will be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, you must use ODBD stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, August 26th at 8:00 pm EST. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword: ODBDSLC120. When creating your post on your blog, please include a direct link to the challenge.
Thanks for stopping by... please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" Lori, Jan Marie, Jan, Kathy, Chrisand this month's guest designer, Linda! To join in the fun, please click here.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Bazzill light blue and red; PTI white; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  ODBD You Will Find Refuge; Dies:  ODBD, Spellbinders & My Favorite Things; Twine:  My Mind's Eye; Cork:  Taylored Expressions; Embellishments:  Clear Goosebumps - Queen & Co.; Copic Markers

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely take on the sketch, Rosemary! Great use of cork!

Robin K. said...

I love how you used the cork in your design-gives this some great texture!! I also love how you finished off your card on the inside-that's something I never think to do! Very sweet card Rosemary!

Saints Rule! said...

This is beautiful Rosemary! I love the bright touches of red with this beautiful little chickadee! Perfect! Blessings...

HappyCrafter said...

What a beautiful card! I love the chickadee image and the cork is a great accent.

Kathy said...

Beautiful Rosemary! I love this little chickadee and you colored it perfectly! Blessings! Kathy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Rosemary!! I love the colors and your coloring is stunning!!
Hugs,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

Rosemary..this is awesome!! I love this bird, and I love your take on the challenge!! AWESOME!!
Hugs

Grace said...

Oh how pretty Rosemary! Love the red pop of color and the beautifully colored chickadee! Love the twine... a really pretty card!!!

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary! Love the cork circle--guess I need to get a sheet of cork! Your bird looks wonderful & I love how you finished the inside.

Jan Marie said...

This is so tweet!! Love that cork and the bright red accents, along with the bakers' twine. Lovely work! Love the inside, too!! All quite cheery and chirpy!! Hugs and blessings!!