"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 3, 2012

thank you....

Hello friends!  The weekend is here and the weather is absolutely fabulous here in Western Washington.  Last night I took the boys to a new wave pool that opened up recently and they had a total blast.   We will definitely be going back and soon!  



Have a card for a couple of challenges:  CASE Study and ColourQ.  CASE Study is celebrating it's 2nd birthday and Chupa has lots of fun things lined up.  The CASE Study challenge this week is to create a card using your signature style.   I don't know exactly what my signature style is other than I do love to make things that are clean and simple (CAS) in style.  The ColourQ colors this week are lime green, poppy red, tangerine orange, pale pink and white.   On Wednesday I made a quick run to my favorite stamp store, Impress, and picked up a few things one of which was a new Memory Box die called Fuschia Sprig.  I used that die, along with another Memory Box die, Piestra Tile on my card.  I die cut the fuschia using lime green and poppy red card stocks.  The fuschia flower was trimmed from the red die cut and then adhered to the green die cut.  The Piestra Tile die was used on a piece of white card stock as you see.   The pale pink was brought in through the card base and the tangerine color was used to stamp the sentiment.   Adhering the fuschia was a bit of a challenge, but I managed to get it done.   And there you have it... my signature style:  clean and simple (or stunning as my friend, Sue, would say!)

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Pink Pirouette, Lucky Limeade & Poppy Parade; Stamps:  PTI Signature Greetings; Dies:  Memory Box

25 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Well my friend, aren't you the lucky one! I am here to enlighten you, in case you have any misconceptions regarding your signature style!
It is definitely CAS, let me repeat that last sentence... It is definitely CAS. Just look at this card? It is CAS personified, and truly a delight for the eyes.
You have this recipe down to perfection; the crisp clean lines, the focal point, and my nemesis... The negative space!!! How can you live with that blank area up there? My mind is telling me to add a pearl or three, but then I look at the card, it is so beautiful, and I have to admit that you really do know design rules, you know when to stop!The form and composition is excellent. Everyone who views this will think WOW!
So let us acknowledge that CAS is your forte, but, you are very talented in other genres as well. Hope this helps your dilemma .
Smiles:)
Sue

~amy~ said...

so very pretty....I wanted to make sure that you saw this:)

http://thecraftsmeowshop.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-crafts-meow-august-sketch-challenge.html

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Sp, so purty!! Love me some Memory Box dies :) Big thanks for joining us at CASE Study :)

Sylvia said...

This is a gorgeous card, Rosemary, i love the soft approach to the colors and the die cut is fabulous! Thanks for joining us each week at the colourQ.

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. Wow I love love how you used this die.

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! Just lovely! Love how you used the dies and the CAS style which you definitely excel at! Gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Stunning is right! Such a gorgeous CAS design! I love your cards!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! I love your CAS style!

PatQ's Cards said...

Really pretty card.

Barb said...

Wow! So absolutely gorgeous, Rosie - just LOVE this fantastic card!

Jan Castle said...

Your card is lovely! It may look simple, however I know from experience it is not as easy as it appears...LOL!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Brenda said...

What a beautiful mix of colors. I love that Piestra tile die (which I have and only used once)! This is a really beautiful card Rosemary!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card. I love that die! I'm off to check it out:)

Suzanne Russell said...

I love your combination of die cuts here all the while sticking to your CAS design. Very pretty. :)

Maureen said...

totally yummy and fabulous! LOVE the CAS feel of this :) I just got that tile die and have used it for my upcoming CASE Study post this Weds :) I love how you used the pink card base :) Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us during our CASE Study anniversary celebration!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. The colours are fabulous, and the white is so crisp and clean - Beautiful.

Tami said...

So glad I am following your blog. This is stunning and so simply elegant!

Martha said...

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card, Rosemary! The layering is perfect, and you used those fabulous Memory Box dies so beautifully! You do CAS so well!

P.S.-Would you send some of that beautiful weather in my direction? :-)

LeAnne said...

This is DEFINITELY your style, which is wonderful, any way you look at it! Love this take on the colors--you've created a stunner! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors this week!

Greta said...

Totally in love with this card, my friend!

Kara said...

gorgeous!! love this simple design!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Debby said...

Rosemary I love your style - right up my street! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary your card is so beautiful. I love that die and the flower is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at the colourQ this week!

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary. Love those dies! I love how the flower leads the eye down toward the sentiment. perfect placement. :) ann Y.

Jean Martin said...

Rose this is beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us on our first week of our 2nd Year Anniversary Blog Hop! :)