"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

ODBDSLC121... To Sew or Not to Sew...

Hello friends!! Its Tuesday and that means time for a brand new Shining the Light challenge!!  YAY!!!  This week the challenge team is asking you to use stitching (real or faux) on your project.  Because of the Labor Day holiday this challenge will run for two weeks, giving you plenty of time to play along.  This challenge marks the last challenge for our guest designer, Linda, so please make sure to stop by her blog and leave her some love!



Now, I'm going to be really honest when I say that this week's challenge was really difficult for me.  I would love to do real stitching on my cards but unfortunately I don't have the space for a sewing machine... not even a little one.   I'm fairly handy with a needle... I was an avid cross-stitcher, but I kinda ran out of time and so I had to resort to using some patterned paper from Stampin Up! that has stitching on it.     I used the ODBD set The Good Seed for my card.   I pulled colors from the patterned paper to use for the stamping.  The pail image was stamped using So Saffron ink and then the verse was overstamped using Hero Arts Latte chalk ink.  The image was die cut using a Spellbinders circle die and then ink distressed using Ranger's Old Paper distress ink.  The ribbon treatment was created using some cream May Arts crinkle riboon, buttons and twine.

As always, we will be giving out a prize, a $15.00 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, September 9th at 8:00 pm EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Design images and sentiments on your projects, we would definitely love to see them if you have them!! As a way of recognizing those who do use ODBD stamps we will be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, you must use ODBD stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, September 9th at 8:00 pm EST. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword: ODBDSLC121. When creating your post on your blog, please include a direct link to the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by... please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" Lori, Jan Marie, Jan, Kathy, Chris, Sabrina and this month's guest designer, Linda! To join in the fun, please click here

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI cream & SU! Tempting Turquoise; DP:  Stampin Up!; Stamps:  ODBD The Good Seed; Ribbon: May Arts; Twine:  The Twinery; Buttons:  PTI; Dies:  Spellbinders; Ink:  Stampin Up!, Hero Arts & Ranger

7 comments:

Saints Rule! said...

This is beautiful Rosemary! (But could you create anything less???) I love the soft image behind your sentiment, the fresh colors... The entire package is so yummy! Another stunning creation! Thanks for continuing to inspire and uplift me! Blessings...

Lori

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Rosemary, your card is gorgeous!! You are so creative. The dp with the stitching on it is perfect!! I love your choice of colors, the over stamping and your added elegant ribbon detail!! Stunning my friend!! You can't tell that this challenge was difficult for you at all with the end product!!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

kathi17 said...

You did a beautiful card for the challenge Rosi, the design, the paper, and the tied on buttons and ribbon really do make the card look like it's sewn with cloth!

Michelle said...

oh, rosemay! this is beautiful! I love the colors and design!

Cards By Jan said...

GORGEOUS Rosemary!! I love your soft colours, the DSP stitching is so well incorporated into the card, it fits so beautifully!!
Hugs

Greta said...

Terrific card, Rosemary! The pp with stitching worked great here, I think. The ribbon treatment is gorgeous. Wonderful work!

Kathy said...

Beautiful and fresh, Rosemary! I just love the soft colors you used and the ribbon and buttons and twine! So, so pretty and feminine! Blessings! Kathy