"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, August 27, 2012

ice cream....

Hello friends!! Had a super busy weekend and wasn't able to get anything done for the new Less is More challenge.  So this morning I decided to get something done.  When I saw the new CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers I decided to combine it with the Less is More challenge:  3-2-1.  As per Chrissie and Mandi's request to explain what you used 3 of, 2 of and 1 of, I used three stamps (ice cream scoop, cone & sentiment), two papers and one button.




The CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers is "summer treats".  As I was thinking about what I had that I could use for the challenge I remembered that I had a set from the Stamps of Life called "scream4icecream" that would be perfect for that challenge.  Then I realized that it would also work for this week's LIM challenge and my idea was born.  I used some papers from two different BasciGrey pads:  Shine On and Serendipity.  I stamped the scoop using dark pink ink and the cone using brown ink and trimmed them out.  The come was adhered to the card front and then the scoop was adhered using foam dimensionals.  A bit of green bakers twine was tied through a button and adhered to the scoop to finish things off.  Not my most CAS card, but it will still work for the LIM challenge.

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies: PTI kraft & white; PP:  BasicGrey;  Stamps:  Stamps of Life; Button:  PTI; Twine:  Twinery; Ink:  Stampin Up!

16 comments:

Barb said...

Love that big, yummy ice cream cone, Rosie - fun card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary this is such a 'sweet' card. Love it!

Caroline said...

I love this card, would like to eat this scone
Greetings caroline

Chrissie said...

Could just fancy a lick of this one!
It looks fab Rosemary!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Christine said...

Great card and the ice-cream looks yummy!!
Hug
Christine

Aileen said...

Mmmmm yummy ice cream! x

Canonbury creations said...

Ooh ice cream, scrummy! I made some this evening, did you know that if you blitz frozen slices of banana you will end up with the most fabulous whipped ice cream:) No sugar, no cream just pure banana!
I digress, your card is fab Rosie, love the cherry like button!
Val x

Darnell said...

What a fun card! It looks so real from that great cone to the buttonerry on top!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!

Michelle said...

very sweet...and oh so true! love the cherry button!

Robin K. said...

Fun card! Love the button and twine "cherry" embellie!

Greta said...

Too cute! Great summer card!

kingstonmama said...

Adore that ice cream. Looks delicious. I like the paper you used for the cone. Ann

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Oh yummy - a fab card Rosemary. Love the cute button and twine :) Sarah x

Mandi said...

De-LISH card Rosie!
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Great card Rosie, could just eat that ice -cream :) Viv xx